I love snowshoeing! It surely doesn’t raise your adrenaline levels like skiing or snowboarding; yet it has considerable benefits too! My favorite: you can walk anywhere you want, stop, contemplate the beautiful mountains and listen to silence. Moreover:
– It is a low impact workout: snow is known to act like a cushion, which absorbs bumps and shocks.
– It is great cardiovascular workout: it improves lungs and heart health.
– It helps you build muscles: core, quads, calves, hamstrings & for those using poles, your back, arm & shoulders will get a good workout too
– It doesn’t require special skills or experience & any person can snowshoe regardless of their age.
– It burns more calories than walking at the same pace